Friday, November 1, 2013

Should I really set my alarm for 3:15 am? 10/30/13


!~#StayMotivated @Twitter Blog by @Musclepharmpres~!
~10/30/13~

Should I really set my alarm for 3:15 am?

I have to travel to Boise, ID for two days for meetings and my plane leaves at 7:30 a.m. I’m faced with a dilemma – Do I chalk it up as, ‘Well, I’m busy, I have to travel, I just can’t train, right?’
WRONG! I’ll just get up earlier than normal, do as much as I can to keep consistent and keep on point with my goals.
To be honest, it’s a no-brainer for me as I continue to develop a #ExpectMore mentality. I’ve really been working internally on that as I continue to push myself.
So the answer is, “Yes, I’m going to get up earlier,” and the only decision I have to make is do I train with weights or do I try to maximize my limited time & hit the track. I’ve lately really gotten into walking lunges at the track as either part of my leg workout my post-workout cardio & also my personal development time.
So, 3:15 a.m. comes around and my alarm greets me – buzzzzzz! Man, is it the middle of the night or is it morning already? Well, at that hour, it’s a little bit of both, but my drive and fire to take myself to the next level is burning deep.
That next level is not just my physique, but also my personal growth as a leader. I choose to do the track lunges that morning. I have been doing at least 800 meters straight and up to 1 mile – 4-6 days per week. It’s a great, challenging workout for cardio work and leg training, but it’s also a great personal development time.
This time is so valuable to my everyday life that I will get up – no matter the hour – to fit it in. The value of this workout is vast on a number of fronts.
I am getting cardio, leg training and personal development time all during the same session, something that wouldn’t have happened had I stayed in bed.
The point of this blog post is the time you spend on yourself is invaluable and you have to set aside the time to do so – even if that means getting up at 3:15 a.m.. As I've come to realize, it's very much worth it & necessary for your overall growth not mention my legs are going to be nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment