Friday, November 1, 2013

~#StayMotivated TwitterBLOG~ by @Musclepharmpres 10/26/13


~#StayMotivated TwitterBLOG~ by @Musclepharmpres


I wanted to start sharing more than 140 characters with my followers on a regular basis, so I created this TwitterBlog. 
This TwitterBlog will be dedicated to purely documenting some of the experiences I go through on a regular basis and what I'm learning along the way. 

Last Saturday Morning - Oct. 26, 2013 

I was at the track early this morning doing what has become a normal workout for me these days. It's a killer combination of walking lunges and running stairs in the early A.M. hours before the sun rises. I really like this time of day, as it's quiet and I can really get my day started with a clear and sharp mind. 
Today, as I am finishing my workout (which will be detailed soon), I see an elderly man walking around the track. I've seen him a lot lately at the same time and he's incredibly consistent walking his mile pretty much every day. He stopped over to introduce himself and I asked him how long he had been walking in the morning. I noticed by his hat that he was a World War II veteran and I estimated him to be in his late-80s.
He responded that he's been walking every day for the past 50 years, no matter if it snows or rains or is bone-tingling cold. Day in, day out he is consistent with his habit of walking.
But then he really surprised me with what he said next: "My wife passed away on Monday."
This tough man started to tear up and I could really see the hurt come over him. It really struck me in a major way. Here it was, 5:30 a.m. and I had just met a tough World War II veteran who has walked every day for the past 50 years. As I continued to reflect, I realized he walked every day that week, including Monday.
It was pretty surreal and I wanted to share this experience for a variety of reasons.

1. We all know life is short
2. People who are from that generations do things like walk everyday for 50 years straight no matter what
3. No excuses
4. Hug your loved ones each day and make sure you really take a deep breath to enjoy them


1 comment: